Preferred Dimension Cylinders
Through CNC manufacturing and innovative tooling, Kreischer Optics can produce any plano-convex cylindrical lens within the ranges listed here.
Turn-around time in as little as 1 week!
Click for a list of preferred dimension Plano-Convex Cylinders
- Plano-convex or concave
- Bi-convex or concave
- Crossed cylindrical axis
- Cemented cylindrical doublets & triplets
- Precision rods and semi-rods
- Radii from 3mm to infinity
- Lengths (axial) to 650mm (25.6")
- Widths (or diameters) to 10"
- Surface accuracies to 1/10-wave irregularity
- Interferometrically tested
- Surface qualities to 10-5
- Prototype to production quantity
Length (axial direction): +/- 0.10mm
Width (power direction): +- / -0.10mm
Center thickness: +/- 0.15mm
Radius: +/- 0.20%
Focal length: +/- 0.25%
Surface figure: (max. irr. @ 633nm)
- 4-wave per 10mm
Wedge: 0.025mm maximum edge thickness difference
Note: Tighter tolerances can be achieved at an increased cost.
Precision Rods and Semi-Rods
Ideal for shorter focal length lenses are the use of precision polished rods, which can be cut down to form plano-convex sections (semi-rods). BK-7 rod blanks are kept in stock, per the table below, but other glass types and dimensions are available.
Click to view Precision Rods & Semi-Rods Specifications